Everyone working for the NHS has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential.
We have a duty to;
– Maintain full and accurate records of the care we provide to you
– Keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate
Provide information in a format that is accessible to you (i.e., in large type if you are partially sighted).
We will not share information that identifies you for any reason, unless:
• you ask us to do so;
• we ask, and you give us specific permission;
• we must do this by law;
• we have special permission for health or research purposes or
• we have special permission because the interests of the public are thought to be of greater importance than your confidentiality
Who are our partner organisations?
We may share information with the following main partner organisations:
§ NHS England
§ Our Commissioners
§ NHS Trusts / Organisation (Hospitals, CCG’s)
§ Ambulance Service
§ Social Services
We may also share your information, with your consent and subject to strict sharing protocols about how it will be used,
§ Education Services
§ Local Authorities
§ Voluntary Sector Providers
§ Private Sector